|The beginnings of some juicy raspberries.|
I have been working diligently away on the embroidery. I am really so in love with embroidering, it's very zen and soothing. Saturday night, I ended up staying up until 2 am because I had no concept of time while embroidering! It goes by really quickly though, and I wasn't even tired. I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed.
My list of things to complete/begin is ever-growing, especially since I'm now planning on attending a ball in early January, so I'll be making a formal silk gown for that. My yellow silk gown is a practice attempt for silk, and I consider this more formal gown a practice gown for the summer garden party in 2012. But there's still a lot to do!
- Finish rewhipping a small section of the lining down in my cotton gown
- Sew and hem the pumpkin petticoat from its basted state
- Finish pleating the back panels of the cotton petticoat, then join the front and back and hem it
- Buy wool broadcloth to make a short cloak for an event on Nov. 19
- Pick out silk and linen lining for January's gown
- Buy linen lining for the yellow silk gown
- Make sleeve flounces
- Make panniers and a hip roll to keep the pannier steady
- Make silk mitts
- Maybe a new, fine linen shift with lace edging on the neck?